GUYS I’ve actually surprised myself with this one… I have recently discovered Eating Evolved Coconut Butter and Keto Cups and they have easily become my favorite after dinner sweet treat. So naturally I decided that I had to recreate my favorite sweet treat… but I put a bit of a Fall spin on them.
If you know me at all, you know that I love Pumpkin Spice E V E R Y T H I N G. Some people hate me for that but the haters won’t keep me down!! I decided to dabble with Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter Cups and they came out better than I could have ever expected.
What you will need:
Your choice of chocolate. For my first batch I used Eating Evolved 100% cacao. For the second batch I used 1/2 Eating Evolved Crunchy Caramel which is 85% cacao + 1/2 Ghirardelli 100% cacao bar. Both tasted delicious, it really depends on your taste buds and how dark you like your chocolate. 100% cacao chocolate has no sugar in it and therefore is very bitter. If you’re not used to it I would use something a bit sweeter.
Coconut butter. I used Artisana raw coconut butter. You can also use the Eating Evolved roasted coconut butter. It has the most amazing flavor that would go well with these Fall flavors.
Pumpkin pie spice.
Silicone cupcake molds.
How to do it:
- Arrange your cupcake molds onto a baking sheet or plate, depending on how large your freezer it. My freezer is not that large so I did these in batches of 4 on a small plate.
- Melt your chocolate. Melt 1 full bar with 2 tablespoons coconut oil. You can melt however you feel comfortable however I used a microwave. I heated at 15 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Make sure not to burn your chocolate!
- Put 1 teaspoon of chocolate at the bottom of your cupcake molds.
- Pop tray or plate with molds + chocolate in freezer for about 5 minutes or until solid.
- Make your mixture. Mix 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons coconut butter, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup and a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice. For this part it mainly revolves around how you want your coconut butter cups to taste. So as you are mixing and adding the ingredients, taste the mixture to make sure you like it! Add more or less of the ingredients and adjust to your personal taste!
- Take the tray or plate out of freezer and add 1-2 teaspoons of mixture to each mold on top of the hardened chocolate. This step depends on how big you want your cups to be. If you want them large add more filling, but the batch will make less. If you want smaller cups, add less filling.
- Use a spoon to press down the filling so it’s even and flat.
- Cover the filling with more melted chocolate. Enough so that the filling is completely covered.
- Pop back into the freezer. Once solid you can remove from the cupcake molds and store in freezer or fridge in a plastic bag. I store mine in the fridge and in a stasher bag!